Home #2: 3846 Sand Point Road, Nasewaupee
Builder: Bay Lakes Builders 1411 S. Webster Ave, Green Bay or 9352 Park Place, Fish Creek
Paul E. Soletski (920) 371-2956 • Dawn Soletski (920) 371-0235 •
Set on a beautiful waterfront property enjoyed by the clients and their family over many years, the need for a new cottage to replace the existing one had recently become apparent to adequately serve the needs of their growing family. While leaving behind the old cottage and the good memories is bittersweet, the owners were able to salvage many architectural elements from the old cottage for use in the new. From the fireplace hearth stone to pine boards and panels being re-used or re-purposed in the new cottage, the character of the new cottage captures the spirit of the old and meshes with the new. The result is a functional and attractive open-concept design carefully tailored to the building site and client’s needs to serve future generations.
The 2,036 sq ft (1,317 sq ft lower level / 719 sq ft upper level) home with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms includes:
- Kitchen with Viareggio (white marble) quartz countertops, custom cabinetry with painted finish, tiled kitchen backsplash, stainless steel appliances, and pantry with sliding barn door.
- Spacious 10’ x 25’ covered porch with stamped and colored concrete floor overlooking the waterfront.
- Living room anchored by wood-burning fireplace with floor-to-ceiling Door County fieldstone surround, original reclaimed hearth stone, and a unique light-weight concrete mantle with an authentic wood beam appearance.
- 584 sq ft unfinished bonus room above 925 sq ft garage for storage of future expansion
- Master suite on first floor with 2nd floor offering 2 bedrooms and hobby room with converging barn doors utilizing soft-close hardware.
- Focus on Energy certified home with hydronic in-floor radiant heat; cellulose insulation; extensive air sealing; high-efficiency mechanical equipment with proper ventilation; low-VOC paints; and radon venting
DIRECTIONS: Hwy 42/57 to Cty Hwy M (Idlewild Rd) north to Sand Bay Rd. West to Sand Bay Point Rd. North to home.
About Bay Lakes Builders
Throughout his 40+ years of experience in the housing industry, owner Paul E. Soletski and his dedicated team have made it their mission to treat each project as if it were their very own. This empathetic approach has helped Bay Lakes Builders earn yet another “Guildmaster” award for customer satisfaction in 2019. This award is bestowed upon a select group of builders nationwide that have achieved the highest marks from customer satisfaction surveys administered by an unbiased third party. Since 1989, Bay Lakes Builders has constructed well over 500 energy-efficient homes throughout Northeast Wisconsin. With an experienced team dedicated to service, Bay Lakes’ customers can relax and enjoy a fun building process from concept through completion. To learn more about Bay Lakes Builders, please visit baylakesbuilders.com where you will find floor plans, photos, and testimonials from many of our satisfied customers. References are also available from several long-distance customers who have selected Bay Lakes to build their home while living hundreds of miles away. Bay Lakes is proud to serve the area with offices in Green Bay and Fish Creek.
DCHBA Member Subcontractors For This Project:
Alberts Plastering Inc. | Baudhuin Surveying & Engineering | Bay Area Granite & Marble | BlueWater Services | CertainTeed Corp. | H.J. Martin & Son, Inc. | Lampert Lumber | Lily Bay Sand & Gravel, LLC | Premier Concrete, Inc. | Wisconsin Building Supply, Inc.